Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tie One On Tuesday



Well, it was bound to happen, fall is here and the rainy season is upon us. Not that I mind at all, I actually like the rain (just as long as it's in the designated season).  Why, even last night we built a fire and curled up on the couch. It was wonderful.

As the season progresses, here are some yummy drinks for you to take that chill off.

Lately, my obsession has been anything with apple cider. I just LOVE it! One of my favorite nonalcoholic drinks is warm cider with Earl Grey Tea.

Brew up a cup of Earl Grey tea but substitute apple cider for water. This drink should be made in small batches, ideally one cup at a time. Anything more is overpowering and a waste.


If you are looking for something a bit stronger to warm your bones, try a Cinnamon Toast-just please don't drink it for breakfast, it might not go over too well with the boss.

Cinnamon Toast

1 1/4 oz. spiced rum
6 oz. hot apple cider
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Mix hot apple cider with rum.
Mix sugar and cinnamon together and coat the rim of the mug with the mixture.

This last cocktail isn't warm but it will definitely heat you up. This cocktail is a old family hunting recipe.

Hunter's cocktail

1 1/2 oz whiskey
1 1/2 oz cherry brandy
Mix together, put it in your flask and after a day out in the woods, let this little baby warm ya up.



Mmmmmmmm.......these yummy drinks will warm your bones and cure what ails ya. Whether it's a nice cup of tea or a shot of whiskey, you will be warm on the cool autumn nights. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh damn, I'm making a cinnamon toast tonight! I have all the stuff already in the kitchen, yum!

p.s. I love that picture up there, and I adore your new background! Oh, and I REALLY love your new Craftster video, those wormies are so gross they're awesome!