Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sweet Saturday



Boo! I just picked the last of my raspberries. I always get a little sad when I can't just go out and pick my food off the vine. Since I had a few more cup of raspberries, I hunted down the last of my pie crust and decided to make Raspberry tarts. You could really do these with any berry or fruit, depending on the season.

Rasberry Tarts
Ingredients
Pie crust-I used store bought crust. I'm lazy!
2 cups raspberries (you could use blueberries, blackberries)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Roll out pie dough and cut out circles measuring about 4 inches in diameter. Line the muffin mold with cupcake liners and then place the dough around the liner, basically making another cup. Don't forget to punch a couple of holes in the bottom of the dough so it doesn't bubble.
Divide raspberries among the pie shells, filling them about 1/2 full
Beat cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Pour mixture over berries, filling the shells about 2/3rd full. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the cream has set.
Cool completely before removing them from the molds.
Serve with a dollop of whip cream.
The main thing to remember about this recipe is not to let the custard burn and make sure your berries are dry. If they are damp, they will ruin the custard.

I didn't have whipped cream, so, to indulge even more, I added ice cream with a cherry on top-cause that's how I roll.

2 comments:

TroubleT said...

Wowzers! I'll be right over! ;)

Becky said...

Dang, roll over here with some of that!!! Yum!