Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Building a Bridge
I'll admit it, I've been blue lately and neglecting this wonderful blog and your wonderful people. I'm really sorry, no, I am. I love coming here and chatting it up with you guys.
I think last night was the final straw for OMP and my bluesy feeling. He looked me square in the eyes and said...
Get down off the cross, we need the wood to build a bridge so you can get over it.
Then he flashed that perfect smile and those wonderful eyes lit up. And I giggled then I got angry, cause I hate when he's right. To make matters even worse, he made me make a list of things that make me happy and made me print it out so I can carry it with me at all time. So whenever I'm feeling sad or anxious or angry, I can pull out this list and look at it and remind myself to smile.
Did I mention I hate when he's right?
Anyhoo...Here's my list. You can borrow it if you want or make up your own. Cut it out and carry it with you everywhere. We all need to be reminded of happiness.
Things that make me happy:
1. OMP and my pups (that's a given. I'm not sure OMP or my monsters will make you equally as happy, but you can still use it)
2. Singing my favorite song
3. Fresh flowers
5. My friends
7. Laying in the sun with a glass of ice tea and a magazine
8. Baby animals
9. Fart jokes
10. Cowboys and rodeos
But...I'm not finished...OMP also made me make a list of things to do when I'm sad. A little pick me up reminder. Did I mention that I hate when he's right?
So...again, you can borrow from my list
1. Hang out with my pets
2. Stitch up something
3. Bake/Cook (I think he may have added this one)
4. Dance and sing
5. Call a friend
6. Get in the car and go for a drive
7. Watch a silly, scary or otherwise pointless movie
8. Help someone who needs it
9. Dress up
10. Shower OMP with kisses (I think he may have added this one too)
I hope this sparks a smile. It has definitely helped me. Now, if you will excuse me I must shower OMP with kisses. A girl has to do, what a girl has do to.