Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tie One On Tuesday


Oh my sweet babes! My modem went out last week and I have been without the internet for a few days. While I'm sure in the long run, it's a good thing, in the short run, I was having withdraws! To celebrate my new modem and Pete's first beach trip (which will be discussed at a later date) I give you celebration cocktails!

First to celebrate Pete's beach trip, I give you the Jagged Reef. Have you ever been to the Oregon coast? It's not a beach, it's a coast... jagged, harsh coast. People say you can swim in the ocean and OMP surfed there when he was YMP(young man Pedersen), but I don't buy it.  Anyhoo....here's the Jagged Reef and it's much better than the cold Oregon ocean.


Jagged Reef
1 ounce gin
1/2 ounce Cointreau
dash of bitters
a dash of blue CuraƧao
scoop of vanilla ice cream
Add ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shake it like a Polaroid picture and serve!    

While trying to figure out why and how my modem died, I finally resorted to making a game of it. Every time the tech person told me to reboot my computer, I took a shot. Tech person, this is for you!

Tech Support Shot
1/2 ounce cognac
1/2 ounce raspberry vodka
splash of grenadine 
splash of red bull
Throw everything into a shot glass and bottoms up. Trust me, it will help you more than tech support could. (except for the tech support last night, they rocked my socks!-shout out to Veronica and Joe!)



Whew! So much celebrating can be exhausting! I need to sit down and rest, plus OMP is eating the last of the smoked salmon. I need to get in there before it's all gone! Bottoms up! 
 

No comments: