Sunday, June 30, 2013

Scrappy Dog Sunday

Last Christmas a friend of mine sent me a great dog treat recipe. Great because it was so simple! Having three dogs can pose a few problems, one being that each one has a different food thing going on. These treats perfect for all three. These treats are great for older dogs because they are slightly soft.  


Peanut Butter Dog Crackers
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons oil


  • Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and form a dough ball

  • Roll out dough with rolling pin and cut into small bites. I have used small cookie cutters before but they really were too big for my dogs. I also didn't make them too thick so they could chew them. Cut them do your dog's needs. 

  • Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes. 
  • Cool on rack
  • I put a little baggie full next to the door and freeze the rest. They can last in the freezer for about 6 months. 


A few things:
I tried it with natural peanut butter. It was okay but I might reduce the oil by about 1/2 next time if I use the natural stuff

I used regular flour but if your dog has an allergy, you can certainly try different ones and maybe adjust the cooking time.

You can put these treats on a baking sheet pretty close to eachother. They do not spread. On a big cookie sheet I used about half of the dough.

As you can see, these treats are so good, they even brought the elusive Emo Jujube out of her natural cave habitat.





No comments: