Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tie One On Tuesday

Every since we got The Hub channel, I have been obsessed with the old 60s TV show Batman. It is so awesomely bad that I just can not resist it. Of course I had to find a cocktail to go along with my comic book TV hero obsession.

I just love mixing up a pitcher of The Dark Knight while I turn on my HiFi and do the batussi.

The Dark Knight
1 1/2 oz Sambuca
4 oz Coca Cola
1/2 oz Grenadine
Mix in a highball glass over ice, topping off with grenadine as float. Garnish with maraschino cherry.

Hulk smash! No wonder! He's all hopped up on Mountain Dew!

The Hulk
2 oz. Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1tbsp Sugar
Mountain Dew soda

Begin with ice, add the Captain Morgan to a glass with sugar, then add Mountain Dew until the mix turns green.

We can't leave all the superhero drinking to the men. The Wonder Woman may sound sweet but it packs a punch.

The Wonder Woman
2 oz. Midori melon liqueur
2 oz. Peach schnapps
3 oz. Orange juice
1 oz. Pineapple juice
2 oz. Cranberry juice
Fill hurricane glass with ice. Add ingredients in order listed. Don't stir! Should have three layers; green, orange, and red. Garnish with a cherry.


There ya go! Three cocktails that, after a few sips, will make you feel like a superhero. Just remember 1.) You can not fly 2.) You do not have super powers and 3,) Tights and underwear are not a good substitute for a heroes costume. Until next time kiddies! 

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Have you seen the old Green Hornet show yet? I just saw it last night - it's just like Batman - POW!

Becky said...

Every time I try to comment my child interrupts me! She's 23 so I think I'll make her one or three of these so she'll chill the heck out!