Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tie One On Tuesday


A lot of you are asking for yummy summer nonalcoholic drinks that are also healthy for ya-and by a lot of you, I mean one person and by one person I mean OMP. Well, OMP-here ya go!

Watermelon is in full swing right now so why not make a watermelon slushie. It is so easy, I'm almost embarrassed to post the recipe.

Watermelon Slushie
Unseeded watermelon chopped into cubes
ice
a squirt from a fresh lime
Add ice, lime and watermelon to blender and crush until somewhat smooth. I like mine more crushed ice than super blended, but that is totally up to you. Garnish with a lime and wedge of melon. The lime takes off the sweetness of the watermelon.


Maybe you are more in the mood for something that is more on the tart side. Oh, you little puckerpuss, I've got ya covered.

Orange Fizz
2 cups Orange juice
Juice from half a lime
8 ounce ginger ale
Mix orange juice and lime juice together, freeze in an ice tray.
In blender, add orange juice and ginger ale. Blend until smooth
Serve with an orange wedge 


I love sangria but man oh man, I do not like the headaches you get the next day. UGH! Here is one sangria that won't leave you with a nasty hangover.

Pomegranate Sangria
1 quart pomegranate juice
2 cups mango juice
1 orange
8 strawberries
2 kiwis
Slice up all fruit and remove skin
Place all fruit into juice and sit in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight before serving.

There ya go! Super fruits, super good for you, super yummy and if you want to rum them up-go right ahead! You have my permission. 



2 comments:

Becky said...

Yum!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

Nummy!! I'm all over that watermelon jobbie, it sounds great, but I have to say, my favorite word in this whole post.... "puckerpuss"!! LOLOL, I love ya, lady! You keep me smiling!