Blech! I know, I know,,,what a great way to start Feeling Good Friday but I have been sick this whole week and I have managed to get OMP sick which is NEVER good. I apologize in advance to being the carrier monkey, and getting anyone else sick. Even though I am feeling like I got hit by a Mack truck I can still find wonderful things to be happy about this Friday.
Fall is just around the corner, which means Halloween is not far behind! I LOVE fall weather. It is my favorite time of the year. I get excited watching the leaves change, the air get a little crisper and settling in for an adventurous winter.
I love this piece done by Sew Sugary Sweet. It is so sweet and the stitching is amazing!
Even though I don't have children, I always get excited about school starting back up. I love the thought of getting school supplies, new teachers, meeting new friends and having crazy adventures. I came across this blog and it was so sweet to me. Sparkle Power! is a great blog about life, love, family and being connected to those around you. Oh, and handmade treasures! It makes me happy that there are ultra cool hip moms out there making a difference and being positive.
Speaking of Making a difference! I just found out that you can donate your old electronics and computers to the Humane Society. How cool is that? Check out MyBoneYard.com for all the details. This is a wonderful way to help out a great charity and get rid of those gadgets hanging around your house.
Oh my goodness how I love Black Apple! Emily Martin's art is so adorable and yet somewhat creepy. Did I mention that I LOVE it? You can find her on etsy and different handmade/craft shows. If you don't have a piece of her art work yet, in any form-go get it NOW!
Ah yes, and because I can't resist making list. Here are my 10 happies for the your viewing pleasure.
1. Always at the top. OMP and the pups
2. My friends, I may not be able to tell them on a daily basis how much they mean to me, but they do. I love you!
3. Knowing that I can make a difference in the world.
4. Fall is almost here. So long summer!
5. Knowing that I have people in my life from every different background and from all around the world and know that we can come together in peace and respect.
6. A good cup of tea
7.Learning to do more than just survive.
8. Singing bad songs at the top of my lungs.
9. Watching the pups heads move side to side when I am singing at the top of my lungs
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia