Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Real Story on The Floss Box.


I have been a fan of flossbox since day one. Her work is just adorable. She makes the cutest patterns and does excellent cross stitch and embroidery. I mean, really, what's not to love about her, she bakes chocolate cakes!

Who is the real flossbox?

I'm just a geeky, "slightly" obsessive stitcher. I'm from the US, but I've been living in Sweden 9 years now - mr. flossbox is Swedish. I like science (2 degrees in chemistry), mmos (retired EQ addict), hiking in the woods, baking and eating chocolate cakes, taking photos of nature, and spending as much time as I can stitching.

You are an amazing stitcher. How did you get started?
I started when I was very young. My mom gave me some samplers, and we did quite a few little crafty projects. I did a lot of cross stitch for many years, but about a year and a half ago, I started doing embroidery. I learn from books and websites and just by trying different things on my own. I think it's great fun to try new techniques and styles.

Everything you do is so uplifting, super cute and inspiring-how do you stay so positive?
I try to keep a sense of wonder of the world around me, and that comes out in the subjects I choose to stitch. I do like using lots of color in my stitching, so that probably helps too.

What advice would you give to someone just starting out
Don't be afraid to try some new things, and don't worry if you have a few failures. Keep at it and you will improve.

Do you have a website or etsy?
I have a website that is a store, blog, gallery, and online magazine all in one.
www.theflossbox.com

BONUS QUESTION!
Favorite word and why
ham
I've watched way too much Futurama, so it's become a bit of a joke with mr. flossbox.

She is one talented lady! Her work is as inspiring and beautiful as her outlook on life is.

No comments: