Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tie One On Tuesday!





Did I mention that yesterday was a horrible Monday? No, I didn't? Well it was! True to form, I came home, threw off my clothes, lounged in my bathroom and popped in The Big Lebowski, but something was missing....A cocktail. I knew there was only one that would work with the mood I was in. A Caucasian or the laymen terms, A White Russian.


The White Russian is a very quick and easy drink to make. You don't need to have a blender, a lot of ingredients and you can pretty much have zero talent in the mixology department to whip one up. As a matter of fact, the only thing easier than a White Russian is a Black Russian.


The Black Russian
3/4 oz Kahlua -You can use any coffee liqueur, I know several people make their own


1 1/2 oz Vodka (I used Vanilla Vodka cause someone left it at my house after a party and I thought it would give a little more flavor to the drink, but mainly cause someone left it at my house)
Pour ingredients over ice and serve.


Okay, that's easy enough..two ingredients, no problem. Let's see how I do with 3 ingredients! I see you sitting on the edge of your seat. Can she do it? A resounding YES!

White Russian
2 oz. Vodka
1 oz Kahlua
Light Cream. I used half and half but you can also use Milk if you are in a pinch.
Pour over ice and serve.

Ah! Such a yummy and easy drink to make. One or two of these, and you will abide. A few more that that, you'll be treating objects like women and have to deal with the reactionary police department. Cheers!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Mmmmm I love white russians...and the perfect drink while watching The Big Lebowski!

Average Jane Crafter said...

Ooooh lady! You have hit upon one of my all-time favorite drinks! The White Russian! And, like Rachel above, I also love sipping one while watching The Big Lebowski. :)