Friday, September 25, 2009

Feel Good Friday!

Okay, I'll admit that I totally got busted by my coworker this morning blasting music in our office. I think everyone needs a little early morning dance party. It should be a requirement that our office have a disco ball. I wonder if we can work that into the budget.

The weekend is here and I am feeling it! Yahoo! Hopefully these things will make you happy too!

This has to be the cutest stitching video ever! I love Mildred and Maggie. They make cute cakes and throw babies into cribs.


Maggie and Mildred from Holly Klein on Vimeo.

October is just around the corner and you know what that means! HALLOWEEN! Plumparty has great ideas and fun party favors for you scary Halloween nights. Plus, I can't resist they have a whole section of their website for cupcakes and confections.

Silver Screen Suppers is one amazing blog! I love the tagline : Fellow film archivists - one Stateside, one Thameside - attempt to recreate recipes allegedly cooked by the stars of the silver screen themselves. That pretty much sums it up! They share my love for older movies, beautiful film stars and supper. I would love to sit down with these ladies, have a cocktail or two or three and go over our favorite movies from 1920-1950's.



If you are in the Portland, Oregon metro area tonight and want something fun to do. Check out the creator of Cake Wrecks. She has just put out a book and is on a tour promoting it. She will be at Powells book store on Burnside at 7:30. 

So there you have, go out there and enjoy yourself this weekend or stay inside and watch cute puppy videos!
(shameless plug for my pup Lola)



3 comments:

Lya de Putti said...

Aw honey, you are welcome to come round for a Hollywood style supper anytime you are in London! I'm sure my Stateside pal in Texas would say the same. Thanks for giving us a mention and don't hesitate to get in touch if you fancy test cooking a recipe!

Unknown said...

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could all have a morning dance party at work. The day would be a lot more fun!
Silver Screen Suppers sounds like fun too. I'll have to stop by.
Thanks for posting a bit of fun for our days!

Brook said...

hahahahaha Lola is so funny! Gus says he thinks shes cute! hahahaahah