Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tie One On Tuesday!


Hello Daddy, Hello Mom...I'm your cha cha cha cha CHERRY BOMB! There is only one thing I love more than that song and that's cherry drinks!

I thought I would give one last nod to summer with yummy cherry drinks to tease your taste buds. Now I am definitely NOT a maraschino cherry person. Quite frankly they scare the hell out of me. Cherries are not suppose to glow red but I recently fell in love with cherry liqueur and had to find a few cocktails to enjoy this intoxicating substance.

The first drink is just too much fun to say! Cherry Chi Chi. It sounds a little naughty and I'm sure after drinking a few of them you will feel just like the name sounds.

Cherry Chi Chi
3 ounces vodka
2 tablespoons sweetened cream of coconut
1/2 pineapple juice (we used pineapple guava juice for extra taste and for pinkness)
1/2 ounce Cherry Liqueur

Fill a cocktail shaker three quarters full with ice. Add all ingredients, cover and shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass with fresh ice. We actually used a martini glass with no ice, but you can do it whatever way you want, cause I said so.


Now let's get your rum and cherry fix with a cocktail perfectly named Cherry Rum Fix (original huh?)This drink is so easy anyone can do it.

Cherry Rum Fix
1/2 teaspoon simple syrup
1 1/2 ounces light rum
1/2 ounce cherry liqueur
1/2 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice

Fill glass with ice and build the drink upon it. Stir until glass is frosted and enjoy!

These cocktails are super easy and I'm sure you will enjoy them.  They are a sweet treat to bid summer a fond farewell. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to raise my glass and tell summer to get the hell off my lawn-OMP style!

7 comments:

Average Jane Crafter said...

Ooooooh@ I think I had a Chi Chi at Thatch (in Portland) YUMMMMMMMMMM.

Now I'm all thirsty. ;)

Unknown said...

Thatch is cool, and I'm not just saying that cause OMP helped build it ;)

Lisa Marie ReVoir Kramp said...

MMMM...Kirschwasser....

I'll have to go to the Traverse City Michigan Website (Home of the Cherry Festival) and look up some more cocktails for you!

Lisa Marie ReVoir Kramp said...

Here's another one for your collection: Summer Cherry Tonic
http://www.mynorth.com/My-North/Food-Wine/Recipes/index.php?tableid=5&view=details&itm=2388

Traverse City Michigan is home of the National Cherry Festival every July!

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! ^-^

I love the retro look of your pictures. Oh, and that vintabe hula-hoop glass, love it!

Eva said...

I have never had cherry liquer before, note to self- get some!

And I totally guffawed at you yelling at summer to get off your lawn OMP style.

Unknown said...

Eva-you know I love pulling an OMP!

Lisa! That drink sounds SOOOO good! I am going to have to make one.