Sunday, November 1, 2009

Scrappy Dog Sunday!



Today is Dia de los Muertos -it is a holiday to honor and celebrate those who have passed on. Although we are so happy to have a new little man in our lives (he is the funniest little guy ever) we still have a place in our heart for the original little man, our chunk, Kato. It has been some time since he has passed away but I swear sometimes I can hear the pitter patter of his little feet walking around downstairs. So today's Scrappy Dog Sunday is Kato. We miss you little man.


Kato was a tough old man! He lived to be almost 18!



Can you see why we called him chunk?



No matter what age he was, he loved to sleep in front of the heater during winter.



Oh, he looks like he's thinking about life and reflecting. He's really just scheming a way to get food from us.



This head was in his stomach. His second surgery. The first being a piece of a Kong toy.




He went through 3 surgeries, fathered 2 children and had to put up with me dressing him up-no wonder he was grouchy.


Kato, I miss you so much. The way you and OMP fought for bed space every night. Your barking when the wind blew. Eating everything that wasn't nailed down. You were a man's man. You took no crap and lived your life the way you wanted to. You were the Marlon Brando of the doggy world. I hope you are in doggy heaven, laying in the sun and eating as many doggy biscuits as your heart desires. Good night sweet prince. You will forever have a place in my heart and soul.

5 comments:

* said...

18 wow.
What a sweet looking dog Kato was, I'm sure wherever he is he is free, happy and sleeping in front of a heater somewhere.

Nice post.
I just love dogs.

TheMistressT said...

Awwww, Kato. RIP, chunky man, RIP.

PS. Looks like he was an excellent schemer for getting food OR you guys were easy marks. One of those.

Brook said...

oh this made me sad and happy!

AlwaysInspired said...

Great pics and a nice way to remember. I too have a pup that is gone. Pictures always make me smile.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

So sweet. I had a dog recently pass away. This holiday season will be so sad without him.