Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tie One On Tuesday



One of my favorite Fall smells is cinnamon. The cooler weather mixes with cinnamon so well. When you have cinnamon in your drink, it warms up not only your body, but also your senses. 

The first thing that most people pair cinnamon with are apples. Apple Pie martinis and cocktails are everywhere, not that there is anything wrong with that. I love me some apple pie. 


Warm Apple Pie
1 1/2 ounces of Vanilla Liqueur
1/2 ounce cinnamon liqueur 
2-4 ounces of hot apple cider (depending on how strong you want your drink. Start with 2 and work your way up)
Whipped Cream


Combine the vanilla liqueur with the apple cider and top off with whipped cream. It it taste like a liquid Apple Pie ala Mode. 

While the rain and cool weather has hit my area, my home state is still very hot and humid. OMP can not believe that it is still in the 80's during October. For my southern friends who are still sweating it out, here's my refreshing yet spicy drink to honor you. 

Hot Southern Nights
1 1/2 ounce cinnamon schnapps
1 ounce peach liqueur
4 ounces clear soda (7Up or Sprite)
Mix and serve over ice. Some people use Coke or Pepsi instead of a clear soda. I'm not a fan of that, so I switched it up with 7Up.

Apples and cinnamon go together like pears and cinnamon, with a hint of mint. 

Spiced Pear Mojito
2 ounces Pear Liqueur
2 ounces apple juice
1 ounce cinnamon liqueur
lime juice to taste
mint leaves, crushed into the shaker 
Mix all ingredients in shaker and pour over ice.

Mmmm....I'm already feeling toasty and heated up from these yummy cinnamon concoctions. The rain has started and it's time for me to get cozy and enjoy the Fall weather. 








No comments: