Monday, September 15, 2008

Redwork Haunted house and other fun stuff...

I joined the vintage Halloween swap on craftster and this is the project I did for my partner. The ghost and the frame are glow in the dark. I hope she likes it. I am very pleased how it turned out.




Also, this weekend was the Safety in Numbers fund raiser for the crisis line I work for. It was a HUGE success. We had it at the Crystal Ballroom and there was a line down the street to get it. I couldn't believe it! I had a lot of friends from Craftster volunteer to donate auction items. All of them sold for crazy sums of money. Thank you ladies for all of your help! Words can not express how awesome you guys are. Mark won a DIY basket with a huge garage heater, a leatherman, and a gift certificate to Hippo Hardware. I won the craft basket which had 4 gift certificates to cool craft stores around the area (I plan on spending them this weekend) and a bunch of fat quarters and a cool bag. It was an awesome time!

Not so fun stuff, I was crazy sick on Sunday and stayed on the couch or in bed for the whole day-luckily I had Lola, Jujube and Kato to keep me company.

7 comments:

Brook said...

oh my gosh... you and your dogs are ssoooo darn cute! Lucky you about winning the gift baskets... I never win raffles! and the haunted house is sssooo cute. what do you mean the frame is glow in the dark? did you paint it?

AlwaysInspired said...

Glad to hear your fund raiser was a success!
Hope you're feeling better!
Dogs are the best nurses.

sewphie said...

It looks so spooky! Great job.
btw. your pets look very cute

Unknown said...

Brook-yep, I painted it with glow in the dark paint. It gives it a little bit of a satin finish but it looks so cool in the dark.

sewitsforyou said...

that sucks you were sick. I was sick sunday night too felt like crap. Glad the event was a HUGE success. I lvoe the redwork house. I think I need one for my house. I shall put it on the list....

torrance said...

I love the redwork!!
Sorry to hear you were so sick. I was sick on monday (and tuesday)...and I live alone. There's nothing to make you miss your mom than being sick.

TheMistressT said...

YEY! I'm so glad to hear about the success of the fund-raiser! Sorry to hear you were sick. Ugh - it especially sucks when the weather is good.