Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tears of Joy

 Special thanks for ingrido411

Have you ever been so happy that you just cry? Today was that day for me. I came home and just looked at my amazing husband, my wonderful pups and burst into tears. I felt so overjoyed that all my happiness had to go somewhere and my body decided that it would be in water form. Of course OMP looked at me like I was crazy but I didn't care.

After I wiped the tears from my eyes I started thinking about how I felt a twinge of guilt for feeling so happy. I had a brief internal struggle with myself. Here's what I came up with.

It is absolutely 100% okay to be happy. It's okay to have a smile so big that it hurts your face.

You don't have to feel guilty for taking care of yourself. So, you are looking for a job and play around on Facebook for a little while. The world will not stop spinning, you won't end up homeless, your mom won't ground you. You are taking care of yourself-you're under a lot of pressure and if visiting with friends is the way to ground yourself, by all means-do it! This includes reading trashy entertainment news, following your favorite blog or playing a quick game of Mah Jong.

Act like a kid. Dance, sing at the top of your lungs, and giggle. It is good for the soul.

 Be a tourist. Go somewhere in your hometown or maybe one town over and act like it's the first time you have ever been there. See your surrounding from a different view point. I guarantee you will appreciate what is around you a lot more.

NEVER EVER EVER feel guilty for your accomplishments, your glitz, your freedom. You deserve all that comes to you.

There are amazing adventures to have in your life and a million things to be happy about. Don't let guilt shield you from experiencing all that you want and need. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to grab my tissue box-I'm tearing up again.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Your blog is in danger of becoming my bible, kthnx.

Seriously though, I cried a lot today, but for different reasons. Your thoughts give me hope. xo

Rachel said...

Awesome & beautiful post :)

AlisaT said...

Pam Thank you so much for this post! I have been fighting with myself all week for not being serious enough about some decisions I need to make. Then BAM! this post comes along and puts it in perspective. THANK YOU!

beefranck said...

You made me cry too, dammit! :)

Drucilla said...

i love this post! thank you, pam!