Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pixieland!


When I was a little kid, I would visit my aunts in Oregon and we would go to Pixieland. I loved that place! They had a log flume, a train you could ride, and a cheese cave where you could try every kind of cheese your little brain could imagine. Besides having an awesome cheese cave, they had a diner. I love diners! We don't have a lot of them on the west coast and it's something I really miss.
Pixieland had their own Pixie Kitchen, and although I'm sure I was full from the cheese cave, I'm betting they have fabulous food.

So, even though Pixieland and Pixie Kitchen closed, the memories are still with me. I'm lucky enough to have some of the figurines from the restaurant. They are so adorable!



I love this little mermaid! She is the cutest!




The little seahorse cowboy.



The whale looks pretty happy that the captain is steering him.



And last, a little Pixie serving ya some grub.




The best way to know that you have an authentic Pixie Kitchen figurine is to check the bottom. It should say Pixie Kitchen, Ocean Lake, OR. You can still find a few out there but they are scarce. Of course I love the hunt, so I'm always on the look out. Oh yeah, I'm thinking that I need to start Pixieland II, if nothing else but for the cheese cave. Who's with me?

2 comments:

Jan said...

Thats great! I'm sure you've heard of them, but if not, check out "Horrorpops" very catchy 50's-60's punkish sound!

AlwaysInspired said...

Wow! Cheese Cave!!!!! I'm in awe!