Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Candyland!



It's no secret that I love candy! Sour candy, gummi candy, chocolate. You name it-I probably love it-except for circus peanuts-those things creep me out. I also love a good cocktail so when I get the chance to combine the two-watch out! I will be on cloud nine for days! Here are a few of my favorites.



Remember Sweet Tarts when you were a kid-the sour edgier brother of smarties? Well, you can now have the alcohol version of it. It is so yummy and definitely has pucker power!

Sweet Tart
1/4 oz fresh lime juice
1/4 oz pineapple juice
1/4 oz Raspberry liqueur
1 oz. vodka
 Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a shot glass. Another adult version of a candy great.

Oh Orange Creamsicles! How I love thee even though you melted down my arm as I tried to finish you on a hot day.  Well, this version will definitely not cause you to be a sticky mess( unless you have too many of them).

Orange Creamsicle

1 oz. Cointreau
1 oz light cream
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz. vodka
Shake all ingredients with ice in a shaker. Serve in a highball glass filled with ice.



OMP loves Reeses Peanut butter cups! I personally have not tried this drink yet but i think it would be a great after dinner dessert cocktail for all you chocolate peanut butter fanatics.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
2 tbsp. peanut butter
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 oz. coconut rum
1 1/2oz. vodka
Blend until smooth and pour into a cocktail glass. Drink with a straw. This would be a great non alcoholic version for the kids too. Add coconut milk instead of the rum.

Oh my goodness! I'm in a sugar coma from all these fun candy drinks! After a few of these sweet treats, your inner child will be dying to get out and do that little kid dance that you are so famous for.  Bottoms up!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I wanna Creamsicle. Either one would be fine right now!

And if one uses coconut rum in the last one doesn't that make it a Mounds? Or no - Almond Joy cause Almond Joy has nuts, Mounds don't!

Hello there! My name is June said...

Now I'm having a serious sugar craving! That first photo makes me drool like Pavlov's dog!

:o)

Unknown said...

These cocktails sound super yummy!
I'm gonna try the sweet tart one, thank you for sharing :)