Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Sit On the Couch Day!

Normally I would write a post about Labor Day movies, since today is Labor Day in the US and I'm a full supporter of the labor movement and jobs in general, but since I am still on the mend and thinking makes me cranky when I'm not feeling good, so I decided to go with a few movies I watched yesterday while sitting on the couch.


I knew I needed something to cheer me up so I went with Godzilla-The Final Wars. I was all happy and excited until OMP walked by and said, "I think Godzilla dies in this movie." WHAT? I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that and I can say, with a big smile of my face that Godzilla does die...but it was that horrible American version and not the cutey Japanese, original guy. So, I just gave you a spoiler....Anyhoo, the special effects are hysterical, the dubbing is horrible but this movie rocked my socks! All of the Godzilla monsters are in it and you get to see an intro clip of 50 years of Godzilla. I know this movie will be on heavy rotation at Casa de Pedersen. 


Next on my Sunday movie couch day wasn't actually a movie, but a serial put out in 1939. OMP and I watched several episodes of the Green Hornet serial. It was awesome! I love how just a mask could fool everyone and how racketeers were always trying some way to commit a crime . A little known fact, but Jujube's dad, Kato was named after Kato from the Green Hornet. Okay, back to the serial. These little 30 minute shows were played before the movie back in 30's and you went every week to see them. While this may seem kind of crazy to us, I think it was a wonderful way to escape from everything, including your house and enjoy a good story. 


Last on my Pam Better Snap Out of It Sunday Couch-a-thon was a movie that I have talked about before but it's one of my favorites. Sunset Blvd is brilliant. Everything about this movie is amazing. I would say that this is probably the best picture made (and you know the way I feel about The Big Lebowski and The Thin Man). The mood of the film is as heavy as those velvet drapes of Nora Desmond's and you feel the sadness and weight of life on the lead characters. 

Well, there ya go! A day in the life of Pam sitting on the couch. I am happy to report that I am back to my old self and ready to kick butt and take names or at least move to the other side of the couch.











2 comments:

LimeRiot said...

Happy Sit on the Couch Day! We celebrated by watching aprox 11 episodes of tv crime drama reruns.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Becky said...

All excellent choices! I love Gojira - any day of the week.