Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scrappy Dog Sunday!

The one thing I really hate about pets is that you will outlive them. It's inevitable. They come into our hearts, wrap us around their little paws, make us smile and when they know that we are in a good place and they have done their job on this earth, they are called away. This morning a dear, sweet friend of mine lost his wonderful terrier, Teddy.


I know that Teddy is in that big terrier playground in the sky, doing what most terriers do, digging, begging for treats, barking and destroying your favorite pair of shoes.

Teddy was a silly little man who made his friend very happy. Sadness fills my heart and today is a gentle reminder for me to give my pups extra love.





I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.

Gilda Radner

6 comments:

Bex said...

God bless little Teddy. He is probably nipping Sadie's tail right now.

Becky said...

Yeppers and pouncing on Petey as they ruuuuuuun back and forth as all Terriers do. As Sadie shakes her head in amusement.

Denise Felton said...

Oh, my goodness. I am so sorry to hear this. Teddy was special to me, too, because he was so dear to our friend. A sad day.

Digital Misfit said...

How very sad. I hate to think of a day (hopefully long in the future) when I won't have my big loveable lump Booker to snuggle with and give him kisses that make him groan.

LimeRiot said...

So sorry to hear of Teddy's passing. They are so much more than pets aren't they? They are family. Extra kisses for my furry kiddos tonight.

Bascom Hogue said...

Oh Pam, you make me so happy knowing that you are so very sweet and kind. I will always remember you and Mark and your scrappy dogs.
Love,
Bascom