Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tie One On Tuesday!


It's that time of year again. Time to get out your lederhosen, wash that 22 ounce stein and brush up on your polka moves. It's Oktoberfest! So, tune up your air accordion and let's celebrate.

I don't think I need to tell you that the drink of choice during Oktoberfest is beer, but let's say beer isn't your thing but you still want to partake in the Polka line dancing. Well, this liquid courage is right up your ally. A Black Forest cocktail is so yummy! You could drink it for dessert, or breakfast, or before that big Alpine horn solo.

Black Forest Cocktail
1 oz creme de cacao1 oz cherry liqueur
1 oz cream

Shake ingredients together and pour into glass. Add a little more cream as a floater, then add a cherry.


Still need a little courage do to that chicken dance, well look no further than a German Chocolate Cake Shot
People swear this taste just like the real thing. I think the lime part might have been thought up on a dare.

German Chocolate Cake Shot
1 oounce vodka
1 ounce Frangelico
1 slice lime
1 tsp of sugar
Put 1 shot vodka and 1 shot Frangelico into a  glass. Dip slice of lime in sugar. Bite into lime and while holding the juice in your mouth, shoo tFrangelico and vodka shot. Drink it all down at one time.
Someone please let me know how this goes for you, I'm dying to know.

Finally, the drink that was named after a drunken "accidental" pinch of Helga's cheeks-and I think you know which ones I'm talking about

The Angry German
 1 part Ameretto
1 part Blackberry Liquer
2 parts fresh lime juice
Crush ice
1 dash salt
1 part Jagermeister
Mix together with crushed ice in a glass and garnish with mint leaves

 Okay my little Hansel and Gretel, tip back a few of these little concoctions, dust off your fondue pot, and get your yodeling voice primed and ready.I hear there is an opening for the first chair in the Oompah pah band. Until next time my little Hassenfeffers!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I was with ya til the Angry German. I'm a happy drinker but there was that one time we did Jagar shots and I was nothing but pure T evil. I wanted to knock the crap outta everybody on Franklin St including my best friend! That stuff is bad for ya!