Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tie One On Tuesday

 Oh yeah....feeling the love in the air....Don't be shy baby...come on over to the couch and snuggle up with me. I've got a few good cocktails to make sure you are warm and fuzzy on the inside....Oh Good Lord, who am I kidding, I'm about a sexy as Phyllis Diller. HA! HA! HA! Anyhoo...here are a few cocktails for you and your sugar booger.


Remember that song Afternoon Delight? You don't? Well, look it up and then let it get stuck in your head for a few hours or days... while you're waiting, mix up this lovely concoction for your own sky rockets in flight.

Love in the Afternoon
2 ounces fresh orange juice
1/2 ounce rose water
2 fresh mint leaves
4 ounces dry (slightly sweet) champagne
Add the orange juice and rose water to a champagne flute. Twist the mint leaves with your fingers and drop them in the glass. Fill the glass with champagne.
This next cocktail is a throwback to the 1960s and was a big hit during that time period. Now you can enjoy it just like you do your Hey Love album you bought at midnight while watching public access TV. How's that for an obscure reference?
Soul Kiss Cocktail
2 ounces Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
1/4 ounce Dry Vermouth
1/4 ounce Dubonnet Rouge
1/2 ounce Orange Juice
Combine liquids in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake to blend and chill. Strain into a cocktail glass and live large like Don Cornelious.

Remember that Axis of Evil everyone talked about a few years ago. Well, they were wrong! There is an Axis Kiss cocktail that is anything but evil but it will definitely make you do evil things-maybe that's what they were talking about.
Axis Kiss Cocktail
dash of amaretto almond liqueur
dash of creme de cassis
chilled Champagne
Pour the amaretto and creme de cassis into a champagne flute.
Top with Champagne.
Make the drink sweeter with larger dashes of amaretto and creme de cassis.

Okay my wonderful valentines. I think I have made enough bizarre references to late night TV and 1970's one hit wonders. Now I'm off to comb my archives for even more obscure references and even better cocktails. H's and K's too all of you!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I will get you back for the "song" reference. Gawd, I need 2 of each of these drinks to erase my memory!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Yummo! I'd like one of each, please!