Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tie One On Tuesday

 You're just gonna have to face it, the holidays are upon us and it's time to spread the joy and pass the bottle. HA! Anyhoo....in order to keep your sanity, here are a few cocktails to either give you a little wake up or put that pesky family member to sleep so you don't have to listen to the questions, "When are you getting married, having children, getting a real job". Trust me folks-I will save you.

The Sleepy Head cocktail is perfect for putting that annoying guest to sleep so you can have a little peace and quiet. I may actually have to mix one up tonight. I think it would be wonderful for those nights I have a little insomnia.

Sleepy Head Cocktail
6–8 mint leaves
1 1/2 ounces of brandy
1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
Ginger ale
2 slices of orange
In the bottom of a mixing glass, muddle 2 slices of the orange and the mint. Top with ice, add brandy, and lemon juice. Shake Well. Pour into and ice-filled glass, top with ginger ale.

Okay so you have grandma knocked out with the above cocktail. Time kick it up a notch and get your groove on. This little beauty will have you bouncing off the walls.


Cafe Con Leche Martini
2 ounces coffee flavored vodka
2 ounces cream liqueur
½ ounce of crème de cacao
Pour ingredients into an ice filled shaker, pour into a martini glass and top with ground cinnamon and a couple of coffee beans.

Oh my goodness! We need a nice little nightcap to end the evening.  Time to wind it down and snooze along with granny. This one is perfect to snuggle into.


The Nightcap Cocktail
4 ounces warm milk
1 tablespoon simple syrup
2 shots dark rum
Pour rum and syrup into a heated coffee mug top off with milk and then grate nutmeg on top.

There ya go! A great pick me up and two  ways to put your outlaws, I mean inlaws out without going to jail. I'm glad I can help families come together. That' what I'm here for.

1 comment:

Danièle said...

Yum to the sleepy head cocktail. Milk and alcohol!?!?!? But I no like milk so, hmmmm.