Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tie One On Tuesday

How is everyone doing with giving up something for Lent? Are you sticking to your guns? Well, if you gave alcohol up for Lent, I've got a few teetotaler drinks for you.

First up on the mocktail menu is a Citrus Collins. This is just like a Tom Collins but not quite. It's a yummy citrus drink that would be wonderful in the hot summer sun.

Citrus Collins
3/4 cup chilled grapefruit juice
1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon red currant syrup
Crushed ice
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and serve in a Collins glass.

OMP's favorite drink is a Mai Tai. That little cocktail packs quite a punch, but he can't drink one at 8am. Well, he could but really-the day would only go downhill from there. Trust me on that one. So, instead of boozing him up so early in the morning, I'll serve him up a Mock Mai Tai. This is an awesome drink for those future tiki aficionados.

Mock Mai Tai
1/2 cup pinapple juice
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1 Tablespoon lime juice
crushed ice
Place crushed ice at the bottom of glass. Pour ingredients, stir, and serve.

 Everyone knows that I LOVE champagne, but drinking it every day would make me a total lush, and although that seems like a great part time job to have, I really should be more responsible. So, to tie me over until I can enjoy my real champagne, I can enjoy Pink Shampagne.


Pink Shampagne
1 1/2 cups Sparkling apple cider, chilled
1 1/2 cups Sparkling cherry-flavored mineral water (or club soda mixed with cherry flavoring syrup)
1 cup Cranberry juice
Mix together and serve.

So, if you're waiting patiently for Easter to arrive in order to pop the cork on your favorite bottle of hooch, these little concoctions should tie you over until then. Until next week my little sober buttercups! Drink up!