Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crafty McCraft-A-Lot

Stitchy, stitchy, stitchy! I have been stitching like a crazy lady! I am in a tea towel swap with some of my awesome friends. I am so excited to have my towel crisscross around the world and be stitched on by some of the greatest fiber artist out there. Seriously, you guys! I'm dying!

I stitched this up for my friend Tara and now her towel is on its way to New Zealand. The towel travels better than I do!

Itching to be stitching for Tara

Remember the cross stitch I did for my friend AlwaysInspired? The alphabet gnomes? Her father-in-law made this beautiful frame. It makes me so happy that I was able to stitch this for her and to be a part of a family heirloom

Gnome Alphabet Sampler Framed

I'm not just stitching things up, here are some close-ups of my Elmer's projects for the latest Craftster video. These mousetrap paperholders are so easy to make! I took of the hook on the trap, painted them and then added a few little doodads. Super duper cute and easy!



My big project for Elmer's was this clothespin wreath. The circle is an embroidery hoop and I cut a piece of cardboard in a circle, about an inch bigger than the hoop. I glued the circle to the hoop. I covered the clothespin and the hoop with decorative (washi) tape. The best part is I have my hoop already made and I can change out the clothespin as I see fit or as the seasons change. I have a cute red and white stripe tape that would look great for Christmas.


Whew! I have been busy and that's just what I've made in the past couple of weeks! I can't wait to show you what I am doing for the next Craftster video! I better get back to the craft cave aka, the couch. What? Don't judge!

6 comments:

LimeRiot said...

You have been busy!! I absolutely adore the tea towel - especially the lettering. Your alphabet was incredible to begin with but in that frame it really looks spectacular!! That lucky baby is going to cherish that piece for years and I bet it will be handed down for generations to come.

Nichola said...

Love the gnomey cross stitch... and the rest of it too if I'm honest :)

Becky said...

Busy doesn't even begin to describe all this awesome sauce!!!! beautiful - all of it! And you too!

JLVerde said...

Beautiful stitching (and that stitch along sounds so fun).

Love the mousetrap paper holders. Such a cool fun project *adds to idea list*.

(don't you wish here were more hours in the day!)

AlwaysInspired said...

That sampler makes the room! I can't wait to teach Hamster her alphabet so she can read it herself, but I think we have at least a couple of years to wait. ;)

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

I love your wreath!! So awesome! Thx for sharing the link with me on Pinterest.