Friday, April 13, 2012

Mercury Glass


I have been dying to make mercury glass. I think it's just about the coolest thing ever!

For the project I needed:
Mirror glass spray paint (I found it at Michaels and it was kind of expensive 11.99)
A spray bottle with 1 part water, 1 part vinegar
Glass to spray paint
tissue

The directions I found online said to paint the inside of the jar. I did that and got absolutely no results. I followed the directions on the spray paint but nothing worked so I spray painted the outside and it was perfect! I sprayed 5 layers.

Between each layer, I waited about 5 minutes

Once all my layers were on, I took the vinegar/water mixture and sprayed the jar.


Wait about 20 seconds and then rub to distress with a paper towel or a tissue. Basically you are popping the water bubbles.

The final result! I now want to change everything into mercury glass! I love that this photo got bombed by OMP and a tiki.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Pam, this is amazing! I'm really going to have to give this a go! I love the photobomb, by the way. Hi Tiki! Hi OMP!