Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shake Your Bunt


I love banners, buntings and pennants. They are so cute and can be seem to have made a come back. They are everywhere! I decided that I wanted to do something for 4th of July and a bunting/banner turned out to be the perfect decoration. They are so easy to make! I made mine without sewing (since my machine died). I wish I had done step by step pictures to show you how easy it is to create. Trust me-anyone make one!

 Materials
1/2 yard of 3 different fabrics
1 package of quilt binding
fusible webbing/interfacing


The first thing I did was pick out the fabric I wanted to use. I wanted red, white and blue, but not the boring traditional images. I found three different fabrics with three different designs.
 
Next, I made a triangle template. Mine is 7 inches at the top and 8 inches on the sides.

Now cut out your triangles

After I've placed my triangles out to the length and placement I want. I took my fusible interfacing and ironed the triangle between the quilting binding.

The bunting looked pretty plain to me so I decided to make little rosettes for the side. That was equally as easy and only took a few hand stitches.


Easy Peasy! You have a beautiful bunting for your next holiday or just to hang around the house. I can't wait to make my next one. It is a perfect way to get rid of scraps. Now, if the weather would just cooperate, I can hang it up outside. C'mon mother nature! Work with me!

4 comments:

AlwaysInspired said...

Oh my! I love this! I've always wanted to have a couple different buntings to hang up for bbqs!

Bex said...

You are so talented! How cute!

Unknown said...

Super duper cute!

AlphaBetsy said...

Love it!! Too cute.