Sunday, February 12, 2012

Scrappy Dog Sunday!


I'm sitting here at six in the morning, taking care of a sweet old lady and feeling somewhat helpless. If you have ever had a sick pet, you know what I am talking about. My sweet little Lola is sick again. We have her scheduled for surgery on her teeth next Friday but a nasty infection decided to pop up and give her a hard time.

Now, I know some people would think that she is an old dog and maybe I am prolonging the inevitable. Those people don't know Lola or a Jack Russell Terrier for that matter. Lola is full of herself, even when she is under the weather. She can still out hunt, out smart and out cute any dog around. I know this is a stepping stone for her and for us. As soon as she is feeling better, she will terrorizing squirrels and cats within a ten mile radius. 

I know she will never be the little puppy that stole my heart that first night I met OMP. and I'm okay with that. She is now a little old lady who has my heart wrapped around her little paw.

As I'm typing this, I'm watching her snuggle into my side and it is a feeling of love that can not be measured by any man....and now she burps. Classic Lola. 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel. My oldest pooch is 15 and every now and then she takes a funny turn and I wait for the worst to happen. Thankfully she always bounces back, exceptionally windy bottom and all... Sue x

Lisa said...

Lola will be the bionic lady of scappy dogs, soon she'll be back stronger, faster and happier. Go Lola, go!

AlwaysInspired said...

Give my best to Lola! After this surgery she will be good as new. At least she doesn't need dentures! LOL Merlin sends his regards to the Queen of the Scrappy Dogs!

LimeRiot said...

Big hugs to all of you! I know Lola is going to be back to her trouble making ways next weekend.