Monday, August 1, 2011

It's A Small World

I have a confession to make (yes another one) , I like Disney movies. There, I said it. Don't judge! You know there are one or two that you like. Yes, I know, I've heard all the talk about Disney movies-they are unrealistic, their portrayal of women is less than stellar...blah, blah, blah. The way I think about it,  there are a lot worse things your kid could be watching, trust me on that one. So, Disney wants to take over the world, they can go right ahead as long as they fork over those yummy Mickey ice creams and overgrown turkey legs.


I first fell in love with Disney when I saw Snow White. I remember how beautiful the animation was and how I really wanted her hair and dress. This movie is Disney animation at it's pinnacle. The colors, the movement-everything about it is breathtaking. When Snow White sings about her prince coming, I don't read in that she needs a man to complete her, she just wants some loving and doesn't everyone want that?

Another one of my favorite animated films from Disney is Fantasia. Once again, the animation is breathtaking and each piece of music shows off a different style of art work. From the playful (alligators and hippos in Tutu's) to the down right scary (Night on Bald Mountain). You are swept away with incredible music with animated interpretations that only Disney and his creative force could come up with.

I remember going to the theater and seeing Jungle Book. It sparked my love for the Latin feel of Louie Prima. Why, just a few days ago, I was singing I Wanna Be Like You from this wonderful movie. Delightful characters, silly songs and Louie Prima as King Louie, you can not go wrong. I loved that the snake could hypnotize everyone. I have tried his technique on numerous occasions but it hasn't worked - YET. 

There really is a Disney movie for everyone, young and old. From Bambi to Toy Story-there is something that will tickle your funny bone and leave a smile on your face.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a Disney junkie!!! I adore these movies and everything Disney and am not ashamed at all.

AlphaBetsy said...

I also love me some Disney. My personal favorite movie is Robin Hood. :) And the Sword in the Stone.

Denise said...

Cinderelli, Cinderelli...gotta love Gus-Gus!

Becky said...

Snow White is my fave! Watched it again recently (on blu-ray) and it was even better, and more magical, than I remembered it being. Also love Pinnochio!

Becky said...

Jungle Book too!!!! Yaaaaah!!!