Thursday, August 11, 2011

When Crafting Goes Wrong

Ya know, sometimes the way I picture things in my head, it doesn't always work out that way. I had this image of this perfect little picture frame. I followed the directions to the letter and still came up with something that looks like a preschooler, who was high from a pixie stick binge, created.  I had been dying to make a cute fence inspired picture frame. It is suppose to look like this....


Instead, it turned out like this....



I'm not even going to show you the starfish I made.

6 comments:

Bex said...

Hehehee I love it.

Krissi said...

I love you all the more for posting your craftastrophe. I think I see where it went wrong - paint needed to be watered down and then wiped off... and sanded. LOL! Cute pic, anyway!

AlwaysInspired said...

Everything is salvageable. Try sanding a bit and some brown ink applied with a cotton ball. Or a gel antiquing medium. The concept is super cute. I'm with you! I've had my share of trashed projects!

Digital Misfit said...

LOL! This happens to me all the time. What I envision in my mind is often SO far from the actual result, it boggles the brain. Yours is not so bad - very fixable! As Deana mentioned, a bit more sanding and distressing with watered down brown paint or antiquing medium should help.

Nessa the Procrastinator said...

I agree with everyone above! I don't think it's bad, it just needs a bit more finishing. :) Gotta make it a bit more 'weathered'.

Hello there! My name is June said...

You are so brave to show this...but I've got to tell you it's so comforting to know that I'm not alone in having a project bomb from time to time. You made me giggle & spit coffee to read about your starfish.

:o)