Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tie One On Tuesday

Day three in the pool, OMP keeps telling me to get out, that I am beginning to grow gills, I tell him, that's not such a bad thing and demand another cocktail. Mama has to stay hydrated and I'm building a giant parasol from all the little parasols from my cocktails. See, I can be crafty in the pool.

I have also started demanding to see a drink menu, OMP isn't liking this too much either, I tell him if he makes my drink extra special, there will be a big tip for him. He brought me a menu.

So, let's see what the specials are at Casa de Pedersen (aka Rancho Relaxo):

The Manizer (Originally called the Womanizer, but since I've become a little demanding, OMP changed the name)

1/2 flute of champagne
1 quick dash of vanilla liqueur
1/2 flute of orange juice
Take a few pieces of crushed ice and place on the bottom of the flute, next pour in the champagne and the vanilla liqueur.
Top off with orange juice, add an umbrella and serve

A drink that is so refreshing, and probably one of the easiest in the world to make, is the Santo Libre. The best part about this drink, aside from the rum, is the name, it just rolls off the tongue.

Santo Libre
2 ounces white rum
1/4 ounce of fresh lime juice (you can add more to taste if you need)
5 ounces of 7-up or Sprite (I prefer 7-up, it's not as sweet and is more crisp)
Pour lime and rum in a glass filled with ice, add 7-up and serve.

Oh my goodness! I think OMP is trying to get me tipsy with fruity girl drinks. The last one is an easy cocktail too and it is fun to say! Woo! Woo!, I'm not just excited, that's the name of the cocktail.

Woo! Woo!
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce peach schnapps (I know this brings back memories of college)
4 ounces cran-raspberry juice
Mix all three ingredients in a shaker and pour over a glass with ice.

I love that OMP is catering to my poolside whims, I just wish he hadn't brought me a bill.

1 comment:

LimeRiot said...

Could you please place an order with OMP for me? I'd like two Woo!Woo!s and one Santo Libre. Thanks!!

Have fun but don't get too pruned-up in that pool of yours :)!!