Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tie One On Tuesday




GDKFEJREKE! That's me trying to talk with gauze in my mouth from my toothache and dentist appointment. It's a good thing that I can still type.

Poor OMP! He is stuck taking care of me while my bum tooth is on the mend. While I take antibiotics, he needs a drinky drink.

Probably the easiest for OMP to fix while catering to my every whim is a Dark and Stormy. He loves this cocktail and it can be whipped up in snap or in-between me snapping my fingers.


Dark and Stormy
2 oz dark rum (I've seen it made with spiced rum too)
3 oz ginger beer (not ale, ginger beer!)
lime wedge
Mix in a glass with ice and garnish with lime. Easy peasy!


Awww, bummer! We don't have ginger beer in the house. Let's see what else OMP can whip up to keep him happy. OMP loves a Sidecar and they are even easier than a Dark and Stormy.

Sidecar
1 ½ oz  cognac
¾ oz Cointreau
¾ oz fresh lemon juice
Combine all in a shaker with ice, Shake and serve in a chilled martini glass.

Well, I am being told to get back to bed and no hot toddy for me. Boo on that! I guess I'll snuggle back in with a good trashy novel, a nice cup of tea and three little pups. A big hug and smooch to OMP for taking care of me. He's a good man with a cute butt!




2 comments:

Kelly said...

Dark and Stormy is one of my husband's favorites! I've been lurking too long and felt I should speak up and thank you for the recipes and entertainment. Sorry to hear about your tooth...cheers to you and to a speedy recovery!

LimeRiot said...

Ugh :(. I'm so sorry about your toof, Pam! I'm having sympathy pains for you. Feel better real soon.

Hugs to the whole clan. I hope OMP enjoys his well deserved grown-up beverage.